Academic Assistant – Historical Institute 21/ Ma04
University of Greifswald, 04.03.2021
Application deadline: 17.03.2021
The project “Virtuelle Hochschule Ostseeraum” at the Historical Institute of Greifswald
University has been given funding approval to fill a part-time position starting from 01.05.2021 to 30.04.2023, as an (50%) Academic Assistant.
The payment is based on the salary group 13 TV-L Wissenschaft.
The position includes the coordination of the project “Virtuelle Hochschule Ostseeraum” which is funded by the DAAD and state funds provided by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
This projects is centered around the international networking of partner universities in the Baltic Sea region and the development of digital course offerings for MA students and advanced student teacher training.
This project has been in progress since 1.1.2020 and an extension is being planned.
- The coordination should be primarily active in the following areas:
- The continued development of courses specifically within the frame of the MA program “History and Culture of the Baltic Sea Area”
- Communication with international partner universities
- Coordination of collaborative online courses
- Guidance and training of student assistants and tutors in a virtual setting for teaching and learning opportunities
- Evaluation of the course and the projects with the cooperation of the central offices of Greifswald University
- The position is focused on developing skills in digital teaching and international networking.
The skills in research and teaching attained through this position can be transferred to future studies and applied to various academic fields where these skills are required.
- Employment Requirements:
- Completed University degree in History or related subjects
- Graduate or doctoral research in the realm of Northern or Medieval History
- Excellent knowledge of German and English
- Experience in teaching and learning in a virtual setting
- A high degree of independence, efficiency and a sense of responsibility along with good social skills
Other Desired Skills:
- Interest in didactic and university didactic themes, experience in teaching, especially in online-teaching are beneficial
- Knowledge of Latin and/or a Northern language are beneficial
In addition to turning in a resume/CV, interested applicants are asked to turn in an Exposé of their doctoral project as well as written documentation of their educational experience.
This vacancy is open to all applicants, irrespective of gender. The University aims to increase the proportion of women in areas, in which they are underrepresented. Applications from women are particularly welcome and will be treated with priority if they are equally qualified, providing
there are no clear reasons which make a fellow applicant more suitable.
Severely disabled applicants with equal professional and personal qualifications will be considered with preference.
In accordance with § 68 Abs. 3 PersVG M-V the staff council is involved in personal matters of the academic/artistic personnel by application only.
Application and interview expenses cannot be covered by the State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Application with the required documents can be sent in English or German per E-Mail (in one PDF document) under the specifications of the job posting number 21/Ma04 by 17.03.2021 to:
Lehrstuhl für nordische Geschichte
Prof. Dr. Cordelia Heß